The club first started in 1988 and was set up by Mr Tony Maz (Maz Electronics). The club used to be based at Ferndale RFC, Station Rd, and the club first started attracting their members by advertising in the local newspaper (Rhondda Leader). At the time this attracted a lot of people within the community. Throughout the years the club has attracted people throughout the surrounding area and even as far away as Cananda. At it's peak we had as many as 150 members and it was reported to be one of the biggest clubs in the UK. Our new club base is at the Trehafod & District Social Club (opposite the Rhondda Heritage Park Museum).
* We have organised numerous rallies and events throughout the years. In 1998 we organised a National rally at Cowbridge in The Vale of Glamorgan for all to attend, which turned out to be a successful rally weekend.
* On Sunday 26th of July 2009 (even though late) R.A.R.E held its 20th Birthday party down the vale. Members enjoyed a Token hunt with numerous prizes to be won plus a Free BBQ (prepared by Elaine and Tony Maz)
* We run local Club rallies and we run subsidised Coach trips to large Detecting Rallies around the country.
*Members pay no more than £8.00 for the Coach and sometimes they are even Free!
* We have an extensive free Club Library with an excellent choice of books (DVD's and Video's etc)
* We hold fortnightly meeting/social nights on Wednesday evenings at 8 pm.
*Our F.L.O (Finds Liaison Officer) Mark Lodwick attends the last meeting of the month to judge our Finds in the F.O.M competition and also offers help and advice on identifying items.
Please feel free to come along to one of our friendly, informal meetings with no obligation to Join!!!